Mesmerising Duality



The duality of feelings in my situation mesmerises me
On one hand I'm somewhat lonely
And on the other hand I enjoy this feeling of walking alone
I miss people I can trust
But it's also refreshing how much I was craving such loneliness
I feel intelligent because I made it here
And I feel incredibly stupid when I see how I just barely did- and how many smart and amazing people there are from all over the world.
I often have to face my inadequacies
Yet it's not a negative reproach
Because I'm discovering myself as I never have
It's like I'm really seeing myself for the first time
There are so many people
It's very disconnected- and yet there are these almost invisible strong connections uniting everyone in their solitude, in their differences.
There are noises- overwhelming sounds
And I still seem to be hearing myself more clearly than ever before
There is a fear of the new- the unknown
And yet there's this tiny brave heart in me which is cherishing every second of venturing into the strange and amazing
I'm standing alone on this bridge beautifully illuminated by blue lights as if complementing the night skies above
There are disturbances- movements distractions
And yet I've never concentrated better
Never been more in control of my thoughts
Or had greater clarity about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment