The Romantic In Me


Sometimes my mind is filled with crazy romantic ideas
The belief in a beautiful tomorrow
The promise of perfection just a few steps away
And then a wave of disorientation hits me
Does romanticism exist in this capitalistic world
A beautiful tomorrow?- or is beauty shedding its form every day
Perfection- all realists believe doesn't exist
What promise is their in life today?
I believe in songs and roses, in the colors red and green
I believe in imperishable love,
The ecstasy even in love's pain
And yet I find myself questioning beliefs
Songs misleading, an ephemeral rose symbolizing eternal love?
Colours not of beauty but anger and jealousy
Imperishable is an alien term today
And ecstasy in pain is absurd
pain is pain either way
Yet I feel the concerns of a friend
The care, the love pushing through
there is the silent smile which says "I'll always be there for you"
And then I ponder on one of the greatest minds
Chanakya says friendship is nothing but self interest
What care what love is of this kind
Which says I'll be there till it suits my purpose?
A hardcore romantic I am indeed
I do believe in head over heels
Yet sometime I experience a reality check
'Time to step out of the fairy tale princess!' 

No comments:

Post a Comment